Sunday 15 September 2013

Give me strength?

I'd be lying if I told you I'm strong enough to handle this.
But I let myself think I am.
It still bothers me that people ALWAYS stare at my walking stick. When people ask me about it they always assume I've injured myself. It's so frustrating trying to explain whats up with me, it's so difficult to put into words. But I desperately want to be able to just tell people, I HATE that it's so hard to explain. I've now resorted to replying with "just read my blog", if they don't read it then they obviously aren't that bothered.
I feel like I'm being torn into two people, the Brave Face and the Weak Moaner. I'm constantly battling between them. This is my life and I refuse to let fibro take over it but sometimes I can't help it. I don't want the people around me to see me winging all the time. Is it weaker of me to just give in and tell people I'm feeling better or to tell them how I really feel if I feel worse.
The truth at the moment is I feel like rubbish!! The kind of rubbish that builds up inside like a shaken up bottle of lemonade. I have been working so hard doing exercises to build up my strength to be able to walk properly again and I am doing well, my walking and my strength has improved so much. But I'm tired, not in the way that you would normally be after exercise. I'm tired of having to try so hard to get back to 'normal'. Every ounce of my strength is being poured into exercise, I feel like I have let myself become weaker.
So my current goal now is to focus on finding a way to let Brave Face and Weak Moaner become friends. Because I am pretty good at being either, I just need to be both. Blogging is helping me get my thoughts in order and express them without feeling like I'm whining to everyone. The response I have received is incredible.
I will write soon about my medication and pain relief :)

Thank you, everyone, for the huge amount of support you have given me. I appreciate so much, from the bottom of my heart, I really do.
Big smiles :)

XX

2 comments:

  1. It's your blog and you can whine if you want to, and it doesn't matter what other people think. Some days are going to be better than others.

    Gentle Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not call it whining. It's expressing. We all know you are not an actual drama queen. This is a massive lifestyle change! (Btw, the walking stick is awesome, so I don't understand why anyone would ask anything but 'where can I get one?') Take each day as it comes. I'll bring bagels :D

    ReplyDelete